sábado, 30 de agosto de 2008

Segunda semana

So, we have successfully made it through two weeks.  Things seem to have slowed down since the first week, we have all learned a lot of spanish and a lot about the city here!  School is really starting to pick up, and the professors (especially ours from CSBSJU) have started pilling it on....  We're enjoying ourselves though, and have been doing a lot of studying on the beach.  
I have been taking every opportunity to hang out with the Chileans and practice my spanish, which put me in a club on Thursday displaying my disappointing Gringo dancing skills, but for the most part the Chileans are very nice people... Muy amable.  I think the one thing I am enjoying most is the food here, we have fresh juice every day, and the meals are spectacular.  We eat a lot of "Palta" (avocados) and "Porotos" (beans).  There is a food called "Completos" that I think are local to Chile which is basically a giant hot dog smothered in tomatoes, guacamole, and mayonnaise... it is spectacular!  As we were leaving Scratch club yesterday at 4:30 am Manuel was telling us that as much fun as we have had, we still have 4 months left, and it's only winter, so I guess we have a lot of Chile ahead of us!

No hay comentarios: